11-year-old boy dies of allergic reaction after smelling fish

News
boy smells fish_1546541594925.jpg_66467871_ver1.0_640_360_1546544815114.jpg.jpg

NEW YORK, N.Y. (WTVO) – An 11-year-old boy died in his Brooklyn home on Tuesday after experiencing what authorities believe to have been an allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked in his home.

The Daily News reports that Camron Jean-Pierre was found unconscious and unresponsive around 7:30 p.m. Monday at his home on East 82nd Street in Canarsie.

Jean-Pierre’s family told police they were cooking seafood when he had a reaction. His parents allegedly hooked him up to a medical device but he lost consciousness. It was not made clear what the medical device was.

The boy was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, but could not be revived.

The city’s medical examiner is working to provide the exact cause of death.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Hide Custom HTML H2 CSS