- On Good Things Utah this morning – Thanksgiving, we’re often told, is mostly a matter of planning ahead: testing new recipes, buying pantry staples before a holiday rise in prices, doing a pre-poultry inventory of pans, platters and glassware. And spices. Now, if you’re the sort who actually begins Thanksgiving preparation a month out, feel free to stop here and commence with the proverbial pat. But if you’re like so many for whom planning means suddenly realizing Thanksgiving is only a week away, then read on. We’ve got you covered with tips and tactics for what do it you want to start a week out: RIGHT NOW – Buy your frozen turkey if you haven’t already done so. (And look for supermarket promotions that offer a free turkey with a minimum grocery purchase.) Surae tells us what else you need to do this weekend.
- Plus, from cozy nights in, adorable nights out, and everything in between, there’s truly something for everyone to do this New Year’s Eve. And uh, if you don’t want to ask someone out, grab your bestie! Who knows, this might be the When Harry Met Sally moment you’ve been waiting for.
- Splurge on an expensive party or dinner.
It doesn’t matter where you live, chances are, someplace is having a glam party you’ve considered going to year after year. With an open bar, buffet, and skyline views, you probably almost go every year but end up not because, hi, it costs more than your rent. Going to one (and only one) of these super expensive New Year’s parties or lux spots with a prix fixe menu is kinda a rite of passage. Just make sure you get tickets or make reservations the second you read this because these might be harder to get into than a candlelit restaurant on Valentine’s Day.
- Or get all dressed up and go nowhere.
If you’ve already gone to one of those pricey New Year’s parties and realized they’re totally not worth it, that doesn’t mean you can’t still put on your sequin dress and those 2022 glasses. Get out your falsies and heels and clip-clop around the house while taking selfies and ordering in. The best part is, you don’t have to wait forever for an Uber to get back home for that special after-midnight sex since you’re literally already there.
- Host a party together! Why not invite your friends and family over and make memories.
- Finally, “Hi guys, we’ve decided to end our romantic relationship but our love for one another as humans is stronger than ever.” Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello are breaking up after two years of dating. The two shared a joint statement to their respective Instagram stories on Wednesday night, adding that they intend to stay friends. “Hi guys, we’ve decided to end our romantic relationship but our love for one another as humans is stronger than ever,” the joint statement says. “we started our relationship as best friends and will continue to be best friends. We so appreciate your support from the beginning and moving forward.” The two met while on tour as opening acts for Austin Mahone in 2014. At the time, Cabello was part of the band Fifth Harmony.
- At the end of the show – Realistically how long does it take to lose 10 pounds? Nutritionists say a healthy weight loss is considered safe at a rate of one to two pounds a week. If you have 100 pounds or more to lose, the initial weight may come off at a quicker rate. More realistically, most people can expect to lose about half a pound to two pounds a week. Any more than that and you are at risk of losing lean muscle mass as well as fat, which can wreak havoc on your metabolism. Hope you tune into this Hot Topic and much more on GTU Hour 1.