Amy Twitty is the mom and woman behind @livandhope on Instagram. She loves to “overshare” and says she tries to keep the balance of real moments and pretty pictures everyone loves.
Here is what Amy says about her account:
- Stick with what you know. If you are a great baker, perfect! Now is not the time to become a balloon artist. There are amazing and talented people out there, USE THEM!! Reach out to your neighborhood, use your contacts. These are peoples skills and talents they want to put them use.
- Surround yourself with people who you can work well with but each bring strengths to the planning. If it’s organization, or décor, or budgeting use that as a benefit for your event or party.
- Limit your time on Pinterest. Get ideas, pin your heart out and then cut it in 1/4 of what you actually pinned. Simplifying is easier for you and your guests won’t know the difference.
- Use what you have. I guarantee you that there are things around your house you can use for décor.
- It is essential to be prepared before the party. Do you best to schedule out things prior to the day of the party.
- You want to be your best the day of the party.
- Make lists and write everything down so you won’t forget.
- Remember why you are doing this. If it’s for your child’s birthday party remember them, they are the reason you are doing this. It’s their 8th birthday not yours. If it’s for an event, keep in mind that people are coming for a purpose. They at taking the time to be there so be present with them. Take a deep breath before your first guest arrive.