Are you ready for the fourth of July? Miranda from Shebuilder joined us to show us how to easily transform a board of lumber into a darling wood firecracker for your patriotic home decor. The project is incredibly simple and completely open to your personal creativity.
Here is what you will need:
- 1-4″x4″ piece of lumber (see cut list below)
- Star Template
- Painters tape
- Stain or Paint
- 3/4″ drill bit
- paint brush
- Sand Paper
- 3/4″ rope
- E6000 or hot glue gun
- 1 – 4″x4″ pience of lumber 18″ long
- 1 – 4″x4″ pience of lumber 14″ long
- 1 – 4″x4″ pience of lumber 10″ long
- Cut your lumber
- Drill one hole in the top center of each piece of lumber using your drill and 3/4″ drill bit.
- Strain and or paint your firecrackers as desired. Distress with sandpaper. Use painters tape and the star stencil to add a patriotic flair.
- Seal your firecrackers with a SPAR UV polyurethane avialable at your local hardware store
- Cut 4″ strips of rope. Glue the rope into firecrackers with a heavy duty glue like E6000
- Tie any fabric of your choice around the firecrackers.
You can find Miranda on Facebook or Instagram @shebuilder as well as on her website shebuilder.com. She’ll be bringing her shop, Tinsel + Wheat ,back to Midway Swiss days this year as well!