Glaucia Jones, from Xlear, has the staple sauce for your next pasta dish, and the best part is it’s sugar-free! Visit xlear.com for a list of more Xlear products.
Sugar Free Pasta Sauce
- 1 large can peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Xylosweet
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, heat oil on low heat. Add crushed garlic to heated oil, do not let it brown.
- After a minute, add the onion and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the can of peeled tomatoes and crush with a fork.
- Mix well with the onion and garlic, cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 can tomato paste stir well.
- Add Xylosweet, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the basil.
- (Optional: add 1 tablespoon of dried parsley and oregano or 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes, for a more spicy sauce)
- Cook on low heat for 1 hour and serve.
Note: If you like a chunky sauce, serve as is. If you like smooth sauce, blend the sauce slowly and carefully in a blender before serving. You can freeze and store the sauce for 3 months.