Sugar Free Lemon Bars
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup Lite & Sweet
- 1 cup Lite & Sweet
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick unsalted and cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup Lite & Sweet Powder (made in blender)
Make the Crust:
- Mix the ground almonds, melted butter, and Lite & Sweet together in a small bowl.
- Pour into an 8×8 inch square pan (or 8 1/2-inch round) lined with parchment paper.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread and press the mixture together to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes, until just beginning to look golden and dry.
- Let cool. Turn oven down to 300 F.
Make the Filling:
- In a medium-sized pot whisk together the Lite & Sweet and water for 3 minutes in medium heat until the sweetener is completely melted.
- Lower heat to low and add the egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk together well for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the butter a few pieces at a time until melted and combined, stirring frequently until the mixture thickens.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl removing the curdled egg bits to keep the mixture smooth.
- Let the mixture cool and spread the lemon curd filling over the crust and bake at 300 F for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Let cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Dust with Lite & Sweet powder if desired.
For more information on Xlear’s Lite & Sweet products, please visit www.Xlear.com