We are obsessed with anything sweet and savory. Check out this incredible recipe that Shauna Havey introduced us to today! For more recipes by Shauna, visit her Instagram: @haveyourselfatime
-16 oz package thick cut bacon
-1/2 Cup strawberry jam
-1/4 Cup brown sugar
-1 tsp coarse black pepper, divided
-8 flour tortillas, taco sized
-1 lb Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
-1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
-1/2 cup Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled
-1/4 Cup Italian Parsley, chopped fine
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place bacon slices 1/2 inch apart on a large baking sheet.
- Place jam in a bowl and stir it to loosen it up. Brush jam onto the bacon slices. Sprinkle bacon with the brown sugar and 1/2 tsp pepper. Bake for 16 minutes. Remove bacon to a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, dice bacon and set aside.
- Place a skillet on the stovetop and heat over medium. Place one tortilla in skillet to brown on one side, flip, top with about 1/3 Cup Monterrey Jack. Cook tortilla until cheese is melted, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Top quesadillas with the diced bacon, sliced strawberries, queso fresco, parsley, and the remaining pepper.
- Cut quesadillas into fourth’s with a pizza cutter and serve.