Chef Vaughn from Anvil Appliances showed us how to make a savory steak dinner in under 10 minutes!
Total Time:10 Minutes
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks
- New York Steaks from Bear Lake Beef were used
- Freshly ground black pepper and coarse sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 of a shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbsp. brandy
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup of beef stock
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- Seasonal veg for serving
- Mashed, boiled, or baked potatoes for serving
- Oil your grids and preheat the side sizzle zone burner
- Let the steak get to room temperature, dab dry the steak with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper
- Grill sear off the steak to your desired doneness.
- To make the Diane Sauce, melt the butter in a frying pan and add the diced shallots. Cook the shallots for a minute or two, until it’s beginning to get translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the whisky to the garlic and onion, letting it sizzle. Simmer it for about a minute or two, to allow the alcohol to evaporate a little before adding the Worcestershire and Dijon.
- Add the beef stock and then bring the whole thing to a boil, letting the liquid reduce by nearly half before adding the cream and bringing the sauce back down to simmer and thicken. You want it to be perfect gravy consistency.
- Then remove the steaks to the plate to rest.
- Before serving, add the resting juices to the Diane sauce, then coat the steaks in sauce. Serve with your favorite potatoes, and roasted broccoli
This story includes sponsored content.