Chef Evan Francois from Harmons shares a decadent date night dessert.
Pot de Crème
Prep time 20 minutes (cool overnight)
Cook time 60 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring cream and milk just to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted.
- Whisk yolks and sugar in large bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture.
- Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Cool 10 minutes, skimming any foam from surface.
- Divide custard mixture among six 3/4-cup custard cups or soufflé dishes.
- Place cups in large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake until custards are set but centers still move slightly when gently shaken, about 55 minutes.
- Remove from water. Chill custards until cold, about 3 hours.