Katelyn Brewer started baking cupcakes a few years ago and has grown to cater birthday parties, weddings, school dances and family reunions, now at the age of 17.
See more of Katelyn’s cupcakes on her Instagram: @katelyns_kupcakes and on Facebook by searching Katelyn Brewer.
Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 drop of orange food coloring
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter ,and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time; scrape down the bowl, and beat in vanilla, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Finally, add food coloring to desired color.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each. Bake until golden and tops spring back to touch, about 17 minutes.
- Beat your butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in your sifted powdered sugar till well combined.
- Add in your vanilla and orange extracts and whip.