Amy Christiansen shares her favorite recipe when using American Beauty Pasta, a one pan pizza dinner.
One Pan Pizza Dinner
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz Italian sausage links
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 8 ozAmerican Beauty® Rotini
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 small bunch Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large oven-safe pan. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Remove Italian sausage from casing and cook until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. When the sausage is almost done, add the garlic, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently so the garlic does not burn. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, pasta, dried basil and 1 ½ cups of water to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil, cover tightly and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Season with salt and ground pepper, to taste.
- Turn off heat and top with mozzarella and pepperoni. Cover again for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted. For an extra crispy topping, broil for 2 to 3 minutes in the oven, but only if your pan is oven-safe.
- Garnish with Italian parsley, if desired.
American Beauty pasta is made using American wheat, so it can turn a good pasta dish into a spectacular one. In addition, 37 of our products are Non-GMO Project verified. How beautiful is that?
This story includes sponsored content.