Love quick and easy snacks for when you’re on the go? Then this recipe is for you!
Nicea and her cute daughters Natalie and Kate showed us a simple but delicious peanut butter granola bar recipe. Learn the DeGering approved way to make these popular treats right in your own kitchen!
1 3/4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1 1/2 cups oats
3/4 cup mixed nuts (chopped)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 7 x 11 inch pan with foil. Leave some of the foil hanging over the edge so that you can lift the granola bars out easily.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal, oats, and chopped nuts.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar. Stir together well.
- Place in microwave and heat for 1 minute on high. Stir together well after removing from microwave until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Place back in the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over the cereal mixture that is in the other bowl and stir together well. Be sure all of the dry ingredients are coated well.
- Place mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly over all. Press down well with the back of a wooden spoon or you can use your fingers.
- Let cool for 30-45 minutes or stick in the fridge until it’s set.
- Lift foil out of pan and slice into bars or squares the size you want.