Alyssa and Dianna Bybee, food bloggers at In Fine Taste came by to share their lightened-up broccoli salad recipe, it’s perfect for all the upcoming barbecues! I’ve attached a photo and the recipe.
– 12 cups broccoli crowns, chopped (about 2 large heads of broccoli)
– 3 cups broccoli slaw
– 1 medium apple (about 1 cup), diced
– ½ cup dried cranberries
– ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
– ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
– 8 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
– 1 ¼ cups cheddar, cut into small cubes
– 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like Fage 0% fat)
– ½ cup mayonnaise (I used light)
– 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 7 tablespoons honey
– ¾ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. In a very large bowl toss together all of the salad ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together all of the salad dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of the salad and toss until salad is completely coated in dressing.