Every Sunday, Shauna Evans makes refreshing, creamy homemade Lemon Ice Cream. We were lucky to have her break from her routine, and share with us her recipe!
Lemon Ice Cream
-1-quart heavy whipping cream
-1-quart whole, organic milk
-3 cups granulated sugar
-3/4 to 1 cup fresh lemon juice (Juice from 4 lemons)
-2 Tbls. lemon zest
-Ice Cream Maker
- In an ice cream canister, pour cream, milk, sugar. Stir well.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Place churner inside and lid on top.
- Transfer to ice cream maker. Fill with 2 inches of ice and 2 tablespoons of rock salt. Repeat to top of canister. Turn on.
- When ice cream is done, it will stop churning.
Serves 24 1/2 cup scoops
To find more delicious recipes from Evans, follow her on Instagram.