Start your special day off right with this tasty Wedding Brunch recipe!
Cherie Johnson from MonCherie Catering joined us to give two recipes for brunch that will add the perfect touch to your Wedding day.
Wedding Brunch Raspberry and Cranberry Banana Bread
- · 1 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- · 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- · 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- · 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- · 3/4 Tsp. salt
- · 1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Raspberries
- · 1 Cup fresh cranberries
- · 1 Cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- · 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- · 1/4 Cup melted butter
- · 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- · Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- · Mix whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons flour mixture and toss with raspberries and cranberries in a separate bowl. Stir together bananas, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just until combined. Gently fold in raspberries and cranberries until evenly blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- · Bake about 1 hour, or until browned and a pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- When bread has cooled, slice in 1 inch thickness.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 C Maple syrup
- Mix eggs, milk and butter.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture and place on griddle.
- Cook until golden brown. Serve with fresh raspberry and maple syrup.
Sunday brunch weddings are becoming the popular and trendiest events over the next year.
For more information, visit www.MonCherieCatering.com for more brunch recipe ideas. Also, check out MonCherie Catering on Facebook at Facebook.com/MonCherieCatering or Instagram at @moncheriecatering.
The Bridal Showcase is Utah’s original bridal show. See the latest in bridal gowns, tuxedos, caterers, invitations, hotels, florists, photographers, music, decorators, reception centers, spa retreats, beauty specialists, and much, much more
Pick up your FREE copy of the WEDDING SO EASY book – Utah’s Premier Wedding Professionals and Planning Guide!
Friday………3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday….11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday……….1 and 4 pm.
Children 12 & under: FREE