Krista Numbers showed us how to make an easy, quick appetizer! Visit simplifysupper.com for more recipes.
Ultimate Caprese Salad
- 1 pint mixed cherry tomatoes, preferably heirloom, halved
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 2 pounds mixed medium and large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cut into thin slices and/or wedges
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella or mozzarella, room temperature, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic reduction
- Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season with salt.
- Arrange tomato slices on a platter, slightly overlapping; season generously with salt. Arrange mozzarella over tomatoes; lightly season mozzarella with salt. Spoon cherry tomatoes over salad and drizzle with olive oil; season with pepper.
- Let stand 30 minutes to let flavors meld and release juices from tomatoes and mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.