If you haven’t been to Utah’s Hogle Zoo lately there are some new animals waiting for you!
A new baby zebra was born on April 11. She she weighed 87 pounds at birth and is the first Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra ever born at Utah’s Hogle Zoo. Mom and baby will be out in the “Flex Yard,” adjoining the Savanna exhibit for a limited time each day until the baby becomes adjusted to the other animals on the Savanna Exhibit.
There are also the two baby leopards Rafferty and Roman were born February 17. Rafferty and Roman clocked in at 12 and 13 pounds in early May and now can be viewed out in their Asian Highlands exhibit with mom! Hogle Zoo is thrilled to contribute to the population of this critically endangered species. Experts estimate only 60 leopards remain in the wild.
As you’re walking around to see all the animals you’ll notice the zoo’s newest attraction- Bugzilla.
- 14 larger-than-life animatronic BUGS! Bugs are spread throughout zoo grounds.
- Everything from the not-so-scary lady bugs and dragon flies, to the creepier Tarantula.
- bugs move, make noise and some even spit!
- Included with zoo admission.
- BUGZILLAS! May 11 – Sept. 11
- Presented by Les Schwab Tire Centers
- Bugs have been created based on extensive research and in consultation with entomologists.
Hogle Zoo also has REAL bugs! Bugs will be a focal point in daily programming at Discovery Theater, in education classes and also those on display in the Small Animal Building