Nicole with America First Credit Union answers the viewer question: What is the best way to save for my young kids now?
If you know a large expense is in your future, a Dedicated Savings Account makes it easy to plan for it now. And when you agree to leave your money in the account for a specified time, you can earn a great rate. With a Dedicated Savings Account, you get:
- The convenience of an automatic share transfer or payroll deduction (must be at least $10 per month)
- Competitive Certificate Account Rates
- Your choice of terms, ranging from three months to five years
- No minimum opening balance
- Automatic Renewal option
- Federally insured up to $250,000
Through January, the annual “Skip a Payment” program offers members the opportunity to skip monthly loan payments for a small fee of $25. In turn, they will donate a portion of the fee to purchase shoes and ‘warm the soles’ of children in need.
- America First will provide more than 1,800 pairs of shoes to underprivileged children.
The holiday season is a perfect time to teach children about the value of a dollar. Give the gift of membership with a Youth Account and they will match up to $25.
- Throughout December, when you open a new youth account and a student savings account, they will match your initial deposit in the student savings, (up to $25).
- The America First Credit Union youth savings accounts feature no annual fees or minimum-deposit requirements, flexible terms and free online access.
Visit www.AmericaFirst.com for details.
This story includes sponsored content.