You may think it’s more work to bake something twice, but it actually couldn’t be easier! Krista Numbers from Simplify Supper joined us with her non-traditional recipe for sweet and spicy twice baked sweet potatoes.
Sweet and Spicy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, about 3 pounds, scrubbed
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Poke holes all over sweet potatoes and wrap each in foil.
- Place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast until potatoes are tender, 60–70 minutes.
- Unwrap and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°.
- Meanwhile, combine chile, honey, and butter in a small saucepan; season with salt.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar.
- Smash sweet potatoes with your palm, then tear into bite-sized pieces (including skin), the more irregular, the better.
- Place in a large bowl and add half of hot honey (do not include chile); season with salt.
- Arrange pieces, skin side down, in a single layer on an unlined rimmed baking sheet and roast until browned and crisp around the edges, 20–25 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining hot honey with chile.
This story includes sponsored content.