Krista Numbers, with Simplify Supper serves up summer carbonera.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, squash, zucchini and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes; heat through. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Add eggs to same skillet; cook slowly, stirring constantly, until eggs reach 160° and just begins to coat a metal spoon (eggs will be frothy; do not overcook). Add to hot spaghetti; toss to coat. Add vegetables and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.
This story includes sponsored content.