- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 shallots, sliced into rings
- 2 lb 80% lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb grated Belton Farm Red Leicester, sliced
- 4 Harmons hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 sliced tomatoes
- To make the pickled shallots, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add water, vinegar, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Add shallots, let cool. Transfer to a glass or plastic container and refrigerate, for at least 4 hours.
- To make the burgers, in a bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Divide beef into 4 portions. Split each portion in half and flatten to 1/2” thickness. Place a piece of cheese in center of patty. Top with remaining half portion, seal edges by pinching with fingers and press an indent into center of burger.
- Preheat a grill pan or frying pan over medium-high heat. Season burgers with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook on first side until meat has formed a crust, 5-7 minutes. Turn over and cook on second side until desired doneness, 128° for medium-rare, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to plate to rest.
- Slather buns with desired condiments. Add arugula, burger, tomatoes, drained pickled shallots, and remaining top bun.
Visit your local Harmons Grocery Store to find everything you need.
This story contains sponsored content.