Spring is almost here so it’s about time to get out with the cold and in with the bold! Stephanie Holdaway from Gatehouse Furniture and Design joined us to share and show how we can spruce up our home this spring.
Neutral colors have been in the lead the past several years but there are pops of color that are making their way through in 2019.
This year it is all about finding balance with appropriate doses of color. Kitchen cabinets, accent walls, and furniture are all fun ways to incorporate colors like emeralds, sapphires, and aquamarines.
Stephanie said 2019 colors are based off of mindfulness of your lifestyle and the many ways to bring those colors to life. There are a lot of different colors trending and Gatehouse has curated them down to four color trending groups:
1. DUSTY BRIGHTS
Achieved by infusing gray and creamy whites into all colors. The gray mixed in mutes, mattes and grounds the more traditional form of these colors:
- Sage greens, steel and misty blues, and clay pinks
- Mix blush, pale pinks and sand tones with whites, yellows and warm caramels
- Bring in subdued warm tones like caramel leathers and wood tones to keep things from going too pastel
- These colors are calming, pretty, and rich
2. OPTIMISTIC BRIGHTS:
- Happy, fun colors that are associated with optimism: yellows, bright oranges and reds
- Pantone Color Institute, 2019 color of the year is Living Coral– this color represents “playful expression,” and our “innate need for optimism.”
3. RICH JEWEL TONES:
- Deep greens and wine colors are becoming the new “neutrals” like Navy has been and continues to be
- Forest/emerald greens are very important and can be brought in naturally with plants or painted on millwork, fabrics, and accessories. It is also gender neutral and allows balance in any room especially when paired with pinks, blues and other more specific tones
- Saturated dark and moody jewel colors are also a fun blend, especially with each other: ruby reds, deep blues and greens
- Metallics such as gold and nickel
4. WOODLANDS -THE COLORS OF NATURE:
- Mushroom earthy gray tones
- Mossy and forest green accents to bring in healing properties of nature
- Raw woods
- Textured neutrals
Give these color hacks a try and improve your mind, soul and home at the same time!
Visit gatehousestyle.com or call (801) 225-9505 for more information. Find inspiration on Instagram: @gatehouseno1 .
This story includes sponsored content.