Krista with Simplify Supper is in our kitchen to show us how to make this simple and flavorful Springtime Crostini recipe.
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for toast
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon peel (from 1/2 preserved lemon), divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 slices ciabatta bread, toasted
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine garlic, parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, a pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Add peas and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender, about 2 minutes for frozen. Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Transfer pea mixture to a food processor; pulse until a coarse paste forms. Transfer to a medium bowl; mix in chives, 1/2 tablespoon preserved lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and 2 tablespoons oil. Stir in reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls until mixture is still thick but spreadable. Season pea mash with salt, black pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Drizzle toast with oil; top with pea mash, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon preserved lemon peel and more red pepper flakes.
Visit www.SimplifySupper.com for more recipes.
This story includes sponsored content.