Chef Lesli Sommerdorf from Harmons is ending our slow cooker week strong with her slow cooker Asian braised beef dish!
Slow Cooker Asian Brasied Beef
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 lb beef chuck, cut into 2” cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2” piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into thirds, pounded, and minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In batches, dredge beef into flour mixture, shaking of any excess flour. Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil shimmers, in batches, add beef and cook until browned. Transfer to slow cooker and repeat with the remaining beef.
- Add garlic and ginger to frying pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add lemongrass and cook 30 more seconds. Add red pepper flakes and chicken broth and transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and hot sauce. Add to slow cooker. Add 2 green onions.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook for 4-5 hours on high heat, or 6-8 hours on low heat. Serve with rice or noodles and garnish with remaining green onion.
Visit harmonsgrocery.com to find a location near you, and don’t forget to check out their cooking classes!
This story includes sponsored content.