Chef Lesli Sommerdorf from Harmons shows you how to make your very own skillet gnocchi with spinach and white bean recipe right at home!
Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach and White Beans
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 oz) package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and water.
- Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4-6 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
After cheese has melted, you are ready to eat! This recipe serves 3-4 people to enjoy a delicious home cooked meal.