It’s that time of year again! The charitable and annual Art & Soup Celebration for the Community Nursing Services (CNS). This event features 50 Utah artists that give a portion of their art sales to CNS and 26 local restaurants who donate soup, bread and dessert samples to attendees.
The 31st annual Art and Soup Celebration will be help April 3rd and 4th at the Salt Palace Convention Center, Meeting Room 155 (north end of the Salt Palace). There are two sessions on both days, 11:00 am-2:00 pm and 5:00 pm-9:00 pm.
Kimberly Dansie, Vice President of Business Development, CNS, shared that last year, they gave more than $1,000,000 of care to unfunded patients through the Charitable Care Fund. With the community’s support through Art and Soup, CNS can accomplish this mission regardless of an individual or family’s ability to pay.
Tickets are available now for only $25.00! Visit cns-cares.org/art-soup for more information.
Brock Blonquist from Hoppers Grill and Brewing Co. has been participating in the event for 12 years now and gave us a taste of what atendees can expect!
Shredded Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Celery bunch
- 2 oz Blended Oil
- 3 lbs Shredded Chicken
- 1.5 gal Beef Base
- 2 1/2 C White Rice
- 3 C Enchilada Sauce
- 2 C Fresh Pico De Gallo
- Peel onion, chop base on the celery stalk.
- Wash in victory solution, a minimum of 1 minute.
- Cut celery/onion into 1/2″ x 1/2″ pieces.
- Place diced veggies, salsa, enchilada sauce and 4oz oil in the steam kettle.
- Sautee on high heat until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken filling and beef base to kettle mixture.
- Bring to a boil then add the 2.5 Cups of rice to kettle mixture.
- Turn down heat and simmer.
- Simmer until rice is fully tender.
This story includes sponsored content.