Chef Lesli from Harmons is back in the kitchen with another delicious recipe!
- 4 center cut pork cutlets
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 oz grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 (32-oz) jar Harmons marinara sauce
- 10 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cover a cutting board with a piece of wax paper. Working with 1 piece at a time, place cutlet on wax paper and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet until an even ¼” thickness. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, add 1 1/2 cups buttermilk and minced garlic. Season with 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine. Add buttermilk mixture to pork, press out the air, and seal. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- In a bowl, combine 4 oz parmesan with the panko breadcrumbs. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a large shallow bowl or pie plate. Add 2 tablespoons buttermilk and incorporate with your fingertips. The mixture should be mealy, but hold together in clumps if you squeeze it together with your hands.
- In another shallow bowl, add the flour.
- In a third shallow bowl, whisk eggs and the remaining 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Working one piece of pork at a time, remove from the bag and add to flour. Turn to coat, shake off excess, and add to egg mixture. Turn to coat, letting excess drip off, and add to breadcrumb mixture. Turn to coat, piling crumbs on top and pressing down firmly so a thick layer adheres. Transfer coated pork to the wire rack and repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place sauce in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until barely simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, add oil and heat until it registers 375 to 400 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Working in batches, carefully add pork by lowering the cutlets away from you into the oil. Add as many cutlets as will fit in one layer (2 to 3).
- Cook cutlets, swirling pan gently and using a thin flexible metal spatula to loosen pork if it sticks, until pork is golden brown and crisp on bottom side, about 2 minutes. Using a thin metal spatula and a fork, carefully flip pork and cook until golden brown on second side, about 2 minutes. Transfer pork to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and repeat with remaining pork.
- Spoon 1/3 of sauce onto the bottom of a casserole or oven-safe serving dish. Shingle pork pieces on top of sauce. Top with more sauce, forming a line down the center. Combine mozzarella and remaining 1 ounce Parmesan cheese in a large bowl and toss to coat. Lay cheese mixture over pork in a straight line down the center.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately grate fresh Parmesan on top. Allow to rest for 3 minutes, top with parsley, and serve immediately.
Find a Harmons near you by visiting harmonsgrocery.com.
This story contains sponsored content.