Krista Numbers from Simplify Supper joined us with her daughter Sara and niece Maddie to kick off our full week of Kids in the Kitchen! They shared a tasty recipe for pork and peach stir fry!
Pork and Peach Stir Fry
- 1 pound pork, cubed
- 2 large peaches
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
For the Marinade:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- black pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons water
1. Place cubes of pork into a bowl or large ziplock bag. Combine marinade ingredients – light soy sauce, rice wine, black pepper, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch, adding the cornstarch last. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. To prepare the sauce: in a small bowl, stir the honey and lemon juice into the orange juice. In a separate small bowl, make a cornstarch “slurry” by combining 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 2 teaspoons water.
3. Cut the peaches into thin slices.
4. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, tilting the pan so that it swirls down the sides of the pan. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 10 – 15 seconds. Add the pork, laying it flat in the pan. Let brown for about 30 seconds, then stir-fry the meat until it turns white and is about 80 percent cooked. Remove the pork, cleaning out the pan if needed.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add the ginger, green onion, and peaches. Stir-fry for a minute, then add the sauce. Bring to a boil and pour in the cornstarch slurry, stirring to thicken. When the sauce turns glossy and has thickened, return the pork to the pan. Heat everything through and serve.
This story includes sponsored content.