Chef Vaughn from Anvil Appliances joined us in the Good 4 Utah backyard to show us the perfect way to infuse your salmon with all the flavors!
Cedar Plank Salmon with Fruit Salsa
Soak cedar plank in some kind of liquid (apple juice, water, wine, pineapple juice, fish stock, whatever flavor you want to impart into the fish) overnight is best, but several hours at minimum.
Chef Tip: Pre-soak several planks and put them in the freezer before using.
- Pre heat the grill to 400 degrees
- Place the plank on the grill grates under the hood and put the fish filet directly on the plank, grill until it flakes with a slight push of the finger. The size of the filet will depend on how long it will take.
- Make your fruit salsa while it is cooking
1 large jalapeno
- Seeds and membrane removed if you don’t want it hot
- Dice very small
1 medium red onion
- Diced small
25 leaves of cilantro
- Washed and left whole
1 ½ C fruit of your choice
- Grill the fruit before dicing into ¼ inch dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place the fruit on the plate and put salmon on top of the salsa.
This story includes sponsored content.