Krista Numbers from Simplify Supper joined us today to make this quick, simple dish that is perfect for a busy weeknight but tastes like you spent all day.
One Pot Lemon and Thyme Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoon, butter
- Season chicken with dried thyme and salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil. Dredge the chicken in flour, add to the hot oil and saute until cooked through. Set chicken aside to rest on plate tented with foil.
In same saute pan, over low heat, add onions and fresh thyme and cook until aromatic.
In a measuring cup, measure out wine, if using, and broth, and add the lemon juice. Turn the heat up to high, and de-glaze the pan with the broth mixture until starting to reduce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and finish the sauce by whisking in butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
For more information, visit simplifysupper.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/simplifysupper.
This is sponsored content.