Chef Lesli from Harmons shared with us a classic comfort food with a twist. She calls it ‘Not Your Grandma’s Tuna Casserole.’
Not Your Grandma’s Tuna Casserole
Adapted from Seriouseats.com
- 6 oz dried wide egg noodles
- Kosher salt
- 6 oz crème fraîche
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-oz) can or jar tuna, drained and broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Tbsp chopped capers
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place noodles in a large or frying pan and cover with water by 1 inch.
- Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost al dente (follow package directions for cook times).
- Drain all but 1 cup of water.
- Return to high heat and simmer until water is almost completely reduced.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine crème fraîche, egg, lemon juice, cornstarch, and smoked paprika and whisk until blended.
- When noodles are cooked, add crème fraîche mixture to pan and cook, stirring and tossing constantly, until sauce thickens and coats noodles.
- Season generously with black pepper and salt.
- Off heat, gently fold in tuna, peas, capers, lemon zest, and parsley until warmed through.
This story includes sponsored content.