Funded by the Utah legislature, the Learn & Work program offers free, short-term training to workers displaced by COVID-19 and to those looking to improve their career prospects. The program has been designed to teach people skills to find jobs and the courses are being offered at public colleges and universities across Utah.
The available programs differ at universities and colleges across the state. For example, some offer dental assisting, supply chain management certificates, teacher re-licensure, clinical medical assisting, and more. Courses are being offered at multiple locations and you may have the option to take them online or in-person depending on availability.
UVU is excited to offer the following courses for the fall semester for the Learn & Work in Utah Courses:
- Process Improvement and Operations Management Certificate
- Professional Sales Certificate
- Cybersecurity Intensive Training
- Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- Healthcare Management Professional Certificate
- HR Management Professional Certificate
- Principles of Software Testing
- Project Management Professional Certificate
- SHRM Learning System: Human Resource Certification
- Six Sigma in Project Management Certificate
Right now, most courses will be offered in person at our colleges. Qualified applicants are accepted and placed as they apply until the programs are filled, interested individuals are encouraged to apply early. Applications are being accepted at UVU until the 2021 fall semester begins.
For UVU eligibility, requirements, course information, and how to apply, please visit the UVU Learn & Work in Utah page.