New year, new food! Chef Freyka Nunez del Prado from Harmons put a new twist on cauliflower rice.
Recipe by Chef Freyka
- ½ large cauliflower head steamed/cooled/grated on the food processor
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ small yellow onion small diced
- ½ medium green bell pepper Small diced
- 1 small jalapeno finely diced
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dry oregano crushed
- 1 tsp. chili powder more if wanted
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste more if needed
- ½ cup frozen peas defrosted
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- Preheat a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat through.
- Add the onions with a pinch of salt. Sauté until onions look translucent.
- Add the bell pepper and jalapeno with another pinch of salt. Sauté until the green colors turn into a bright green. Stir in the garlic, cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
- Add cauliflower-rice and stir to combine and to heat the rice.
- When cauliflower-rice is heated through, incorporate the tomato paste
- Turn the heat off, then add the peas and cilantro.
- Toss or stir to combine and re-season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm for serving.
This story includes sponsored content.