SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (Good Things Utah) – April is not only National Child Abuse Prevention Month, but in Utah it is also Family Strengthening Month. It’s a good time to reflect on what makes a healthy, strong family.
According to Laurieann Thorpe, executive director of Prevent Child Abuse Utah, strong families share common traits – among them are:
• They have the ability to meet their basic needs
• Parents understand their children and what they should be able to do and when they should be able to do it
• They have friends and a good support system
• They have the ability to go through hard things together
• Children can express and manage their emotions
Learn more about helping to Prevent Child Abuse and Prevent Child Abuse Utah online at PCAUtah.org.
Blue pinwheels are a symbol of happy, healthy childhoods. Buy pinwheels at shop.pcautah.org
Sponsored by NAACP Salt Lake Branch.