SALT LAKE CITY (Good Things Utah) — The sweet smell of Overnight French Toast is filling the studio kitchen this morning, and it’s all thanks to Kneaders Bakery & Cafe. This super-popular breakfast item is now coming to our home kitchens with help from a super-simple recipe, shared with us by Amy Peterson, Director of Retail and Pastry with Kneaders.
Want to make someone’s holiday extra special this season? Check out their gift baskets and Christmas pastries. To learn more and browse their menu, go online to Kneaders.com.
Kneaders Overnight French Toast
- 1 loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon bread, loaf ends removed
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- Generously butter a 9×13″ baking dish with 1 Tbsp. of butter. Slice bread into 8 pieces.
- Lay 6 slices of bread in baking dish. Cut remaining two slices into smaller pieces to fill gaps.
- Whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Just before baking, cut remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter into small pieces. Dot bread with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes at 350˚ F.
- Enjoy warm with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Drizzle with Kneaders Famous Caramel Syrup, now available for purchase at every Kneaders location!
**This segment contains sponsored content