Table styling can take a home from drab to fab in a matter of minutes, but knowing how and what to style on a table can be the tricky part. Stephanie Holdaway and Paige Barker from Gatehouse Furniture and Design joined us today to talk about trends in styling cocktail tables and ottomans.
- Start with a base
- Tray – using a tray can help keep all items in a contained area, while still giving it a fresh, open look
- Books – placing books underneath your styled items will give you a simple, yet confined space to work with
- Pay attention to height
- When all items are at the same level, nothing gets noticed.
- To spark attention to an area, try adding several different sizes of items
- Rule of thirds
- Its no secret that the rule of thirds is candy to the eye. Try to keep this in minds while styling your tables.
- Add in a touch of greenery
- Adding greenery is an easy way to pull in some color and life to the area
- While still keeping in mind the color of the surrounding space, feel free to add a pop of color in there to draw attention to your newly decorated space.
Visit gatehousestyle.com or call (801) 225-9505 for more information. Find inspiration on Instagram: @gatehouseno1 .
This story includes sponsored content.