One of the biggest home trends is adding a cozy layer to your rooms. Stephanie Holdaway from Gatehouse joined us on the show today to share 8 ways to create a cozy room for winter.
1. Texture: Add texture to your room with different fabrics, rugs, throws, as well as unexpected textures like baskets.
2. Dark colors: Bring in darker fabrics in pillows and drapes.
3. Layers: Layer with blankets, pillows, poufs, rugs, and throws. You can also add a fur overlay to an ottoman or chair.
4. Books: Stack books on coffee tables or shelves.
5. Lighting: Use lamps and holiday lighting. You can also add candles.
6. Mix in antique brass: Antique brass goes with anything and any color. You can mix it will all other metals. It is especially good with pinks, greens, blues, and even neutrals.
7. Leather: A natural element will help bring instant warmth into any space.
8. Natural Elements: Use reclaimed or warm wood furniture.
For more information on interior design visit gatehousestyle.com.
This story includes sponsored content.