Rocky Mountain Power is inviting Utah residential customers to use their home movie making skills to make a 30 to 60 second video showing why saving energy is good for Utah.
The best video will win $10,000 in energy efficiency upgrades. One runner-up will receive $3,000 in energy-efficient upgrades and $2,000 in energy efficiency upgrades will go to the video that receives the most votes from the public. Enter your video by September 18, 2017.
Tiffany Erickson from Rocky Mountain Power offered the following tips for saving power in your home:
- Set your AC thermostat as high as comfortable – 78F or higher is recommended.
- Have your central AC tuned up and clean or replace filters monthly for more efficient operation.
- Set your water heater to 120F.
- Keep the blinds and windows closed during the day and open at night.
- Sign up to support renewable energy through the Blue Sky program.
- Use window, ceiling and whole-house fans.
- Wash clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
- Switch to paperless billing options.
- Unplug appliances and electronics when not in use.
This story contains sponsored content.