Karen Petersen, granddaughter of grandpa Cecil, the founder of Oakdell Egg Farms, joined Nicea DeGering on Good Things Utah. She shared a healthy and quick family recipe for a breakfast sandwich on a stick, a perfect, protein-packed breakfast for kids on the go.
Egg Sausage Breakfast Sandwich on a Stick
- 5 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown Eggs
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can (7.5 oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- 5 sausage patties
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 5 skewer sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Whisk eggs until fluffy. Stir in green onion, salt, and pepper. Make 5 muffin eggs by pouring into muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle the tops with cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- In another muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray, press a biscuit into 10 cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage patties in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through about 4 minutes each side.
- Assemble on stick by sliding one biscuit, a sausage patty, an egg, biscuit, and a tomato. Repeat for all sandwiches. Serve with maple syrup if desired.
**Tip: to make breakfast preparation even quicker, wrap each sandwich in a damp paper towel, then with parchment paper. Place the sandwiches in a large zip top bag, then freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to eat, remove a sandwich from the freezer, unwrap the parchment, and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Oakdell Egg Farms Omega-3 Brown eggs have six grams of protein and at least 300 milligrams of total omega-3 fatty acids. They are an excellent source of vitamin D and vitamin E. No hormones or antibiotics are ever added, so you can be sure Oakdell Egg Farms eggs are very nutritious and good for you. For more information, visit www.Oakdell.com.
This story contains sponsored content.