This one-of-a-kind recipe from doTERRA uses lime essential oil. Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, doTERRA Lime essential oil is refreshing and energizing in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrées and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor.
Due to its high limonene content, Lime essemtoa; oil provides internal cleansing benefits* and the citrusy aroma can be diffused to help freshen the air. It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner. Lime oil is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent. Here is the recipe:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3-4 drops doTERRA lime oil
- ¼ cup white wine or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 15 ounce can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 ounces can sweet corn, drained
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, white wine vinegar, chili powder, doTERRA lime oil, and salt.
- Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion, avocado, bell peppers, and stir to combine.
- Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill until serving time.
Find more doTERRA products here.
This story contains sponsored content.