Chef Lesli from Harmons is back in the Good Things Utah and is switichng it up! We are making breakfast for dinner! So for all your breakfast lovers, this is the recipe for you.
Cornmeal Waffles with Turkey-Chile Gravy
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- Olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ½ cup diced green chiles
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- Shredded cheese, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Sliced avocado, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- To make the waffles, in a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, chile powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, butter, and buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- To make the gravy, in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Add the flour, stir until turkey is coated with flour, and cook, about 2 minutes. Add the milk and green chiles, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook until whites are set, about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook on the second sides until desired doneness.
- To assemble, place 1 waffle on a plate, pour over with gravy and top with an egg and desired toppings
Visit harmonsgrocery.com for more information.
This story includes sponsored content.