Our favorite Chef Lesli is here from Harmons to serve up some delicious corn off the cob. A makeover of your favorite BBQ side!
Corn off the Cob
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 (12-oz) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped and divided
- Ground ancho chile, for serving
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth and salt to a boil.
- Add rice, stir, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover partially and cook until rice is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add the corn, sour cream, butter, pepper, lime juice, queso fresco, and half of the green onions and stir to combine.
- Garnish with the remaining green onions and chile powder.
Find a Harmons near you at harmonsgrocery.com.