Krista Numbers from Simplify Supper has done it again with a SIMPLE dinner recipe.
Chicken Tamale Pie
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), sliced
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the chicken, salsa, beans, 1/2 cup of the broth and the chili powder in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat, stirring, until simmering. Stir in the scallions and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornmeal with the remaining 1 cup broth and 1 cup water in a medium pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring, until very thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and butter. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the cornmeal mixture over the filling and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream.
For more recipes, visit simplifysupper.com.
This story includes sponsored content.