Chef Lesli Sommerdorf from Harmons was in the kitchen today to show us how to make Chicken Marsala Meatballs with Squash Noodles. The recipe serves up to four people.
Chicken Marsala Meatballs With Squash Noodles
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms, divided
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 package butternut squash noodles, blanched
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Finely chop half of the cremini mushrooms and transfer to a medium bowl with the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg, 1 clove of the minced garlic, parsley, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently shape into 25 small meatballs, bake until golden, 15-18 min.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the Marsala wine and broth. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter, garlic and shallots and cook until soft and golden, about 2 min. Add the mushrooms, season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 min.
- Return the meatballs to the pot, pour the Marsala wine mixture over the meatballs, cover and cook 10 min. Garnish with parsley and serve with butternut squash noodles.
This story includes sponsored content.