Butcher’s Bunches Handcrafted Preserves of Logan, Utah is committed to preserving the roots of the community. They support farmers who grow sustainably, follow traditional family recipes, and embrace America’s diverse cultural harmony.
Liz Butcher, founder and CEO of Butcher’s Bunches joined us to share how to make individual cruets of her savory and sweet bread pudding. She mentions the recipe is so simple it will be easy to pull together at home.
- 1 loaf stale bread
- 5 eggs
- 4 C milk (or 2 C milk/2 C cream)
- 1 C sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 pear sliced
- 5 slices cooked bacon-cut into small bite-sized pieces
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar Butcher’s Bunches Marion Berry Jam
- Slice bread into small cubes.
- Slice pears into thin slices. (bite size)
- Slice cheese into thin slices.
- Place a layer of bread in the bottom of the pan, sprinkle bacon across the bread, arrange pear and cheese slices, and jam drizzled over the toppings, then cover with at least two more like layers.
- Mix the eggs, liquids, salt, and sugar with a whisk, and pour over the bread. Cover with tin foil and let sit Until bread absorbs the liquids. (I place another pan on top to help this happen-the weight smushes the liquid into the bread).
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 60-75 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm with jam drizzled on top.
- You may substitute apples, or berries, or your favorite fruit for the pears You can also use jam. Your imagination is the limit. Chocolate chips, Craisins, nuts, and other dried fruit are lovely as well.
For more information on their hit jams visit, butchersbunches.com.
This story includes sponsored content.