Chef Vaughn from Anvil Appliances showed Reagan how to make a delicious soup! For more information visit anvilcompanies.com.
Beef Rice Noodle Soup
- 16 oz sirloin beef steak or flat iron steak
- 1/2 medium red onion- julienne
- 2 medium carrots- thin slice on a bias
- 3 celery stalks- 1/4″ slice on a bias
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper- remove seeds and julienne
- 1 green bell pepper= remove seeds and dice
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 C ketchup
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp better than bouillon beef base
- 8 C water
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freeze dried minced garlic
- 8 oz rice noodles
- Black pepper
- Start by washing the vegetables. Dice 1 green bell pepper, julienne 1/2 red onion, slice 3 celery stalks (1/4” thick on a bias), peel 2 carrots and slice on a bias, thinner than celery.
- Remove seeds from jalapeno pepper and julienne or finely chop 1/2 of jalapeno. You can use all if you like added spice.
- After trimming beef, slice beef into strips and then cut in half again into more bite size pieces. Pepper meat to taste Hint: Smaller pieces work better eating with a spoon, larger pieces work better when eating with chopsticks.
- In a medium to large stock pot, add 8 cups of water (you provide) and 3 tablespoons beef base. Whisk and bring to a boil, move on to next step while waiting for boil.
- Coat a large frying/sauté pan with 1 Tbsp. olive oil (you provide) over medium heat. Add steak pieces and brown, not fully cooking. Add red onion, carrots, celery, green bell pepper, jalapeno, 1 Tbsp. freeze dried minced garlic and 2 tsp. sesame oil. Sauté, adding lid between stirring.
- With beef broth now boiling, add 8 ounces of rice noodles to boiling broth, stir noodles into broth
- Turn heat off.
- Add a lid to pot and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Once vegetables in frying pan are al dente, add the snow peas along with 2 Tbsp. of sweet chili sauce, 1/4 cup tomato ketchup, and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Stir together. The rice noodles should now be done. Add the cooked rice noodles and all of the beef broth to vegetables. Bring to a quick boil.
Serve beef rice noodle soup in a bowl, and enjoy, ideally with chopsticks!
This story contains sponsored content.