If you’re looking for a light, healthy lunch, this salad offers fresh flavors. Kimi Eklund from Kimi’s Chop House joined us with this easy recipe that can be tailored to fit your taste buds! She explained that you can use any type of melon like honeydew, cantaloupe or Crenshaw. For a complete meal serve with prosciutto, pan-seared salmon or halibut.
Canary Melon and Blackberries with Arugula and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Approximate cost: $10.00
- Servings: 4
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 canary melon
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 orange, juice & zest
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kimistyle Himalayan pink salt & freshly ground pepper
- Cut the melon in half, remove the seeds with a spoon and cut off the rind with a knife.
- Cut the melon into large cubes.
- Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the blackberries, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and arugula to the cut melon.
- In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, lime juice, lime zest and olive oil.
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of the citrus vinaigrette over the melon salad.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve at room temperature.
Stop in to Kimi’s Chop House at 2155 S Highland Dr. in Salt Lake City and visit kimishouse.com to see the menu.
This story includes sponsored content.