It’s important to protect your eyes anytime you’re outside, but especially during winter when snow reflects extra UV rays. Katrina Hyke from Eyemart Express joined us to share how you can find the best sunglasses for your needs so that you can always see safely.
According to Hyke, some colors of tinted sunglass lenses are better for certain applications than others. Here are some colors, and how they help:
- Brown lenses are good for everyday wear and all weather condtions. They can be used in sun, snow, or overcast conditions.
- Gray lenses are good for bright conditions, especially snow.
- Silver lenses are also good for snow, making them great for skiing and snowboarding. They reflect the light back out and look good in all frames.
- Green lenses are good for keeping natural colors.
- Polarized lenses are the best for bright conditions. They take off extra light reflection, especially from water, so they are good for rain and snow, and water sports like fishing. Any color of lense can be made polarized.
Eyemart Express offers over 2,000 different frames that can made into perscription glasses or sunglasses, and many other options and brands that can be found at eyemartexpress.com.
Eyemart Express in Orem is having a grand opening celebration February 23 from 10 am to 4 pm, with special deals and prizes.
This story contains sponsored content.