Heather Prine, The Brass Tag Chef, and Jodie Rogers, Deer Valley Resort Director of Food and Beverage, shared a summer dish that will be served at the annual event Savor The Summit.
The Brass Tag’s Greek Style Grilled Shrimp Pita Flatbread
For the salad:
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (or heirloom cherry tomatoes) cut in quarters
- 1 cucumber cut in cubes or cut in quarters lengthwise and sliced thin.
- ½-1 cup Kalamata olives cut in quarters
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8-1/4 cup julienned onion
- Cilantro micro greens or cilantro leaves
- Alfalfa sprouts (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss in ½ of the marinade (recipe below).Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes while you prepare the shrimp.
Lemon Oregano Marinade:
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 /2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (use less if your using regular table salt)
- Dash black pepper
Combine lemon juice, sugar and oregano. Whisk in oil slowly until incorporated. Add ½ the salt and taste. Add the remaining salt as desired and a dash of black pepper. Split in half so that you can use half for the salad and half for the shrimp.
For the shrimp:
4 peeled (tail off) shrimp per sandwich, place on skewer and soak in ½ of the marinade for 20 minutes. Remove from the marinade and grill until cooked or place on baking pan in oven at 350 degrees and cook until finished, about 5-7 minutes.
To finish the sandwiches:
Place salad mix on a warm flatbread pita or tuck into pita bread cut in half, sprinkle with cilantro microgreens or leaves and place the skewer of shrimp on top. Drizzle with lemon Greek yogurt (recipe below)
Lemon Greek Yogurt:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano leaves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepperoncini juice or chopped pepperoncini
- To taste: salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt as the pepperoncini may be salty.
The Park City Area Restaurant Association’s (PCARA) annual Savor the Summit presented by Sysco kicks off the summer season on Saturday, June 16, at 6:00 p.m. Two dozen of Park City’s award-winning restaurants will showcase their unique cuisine to more than 2,500 al fresco dinner guests at the famous “Grande Table” down the center of Historic Main Street. Visit parkcityrestaurants.com/savor-the-summit for tickets.