(Good Things Utah) Crispy bacon and browned onions are the secret to taking baked beans to the next level. The only baked beans recipe you’ll ever need!
- 2 (1 lb each) cans Pork and Beans, undrained
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325. Heat a large, deep skillet or pot to medium-high and cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan to drain on a paper towel-lined plated. Remove all but 2 tablespoons bacon grease from pan.
- Add the onions and cook until tender and browned. Add beans, ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire, bacon, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish then cover with lid or tin foil and bake 30 minutes. (If using an oven safe dish-leave in and cover) Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Print this recipe for your records HERE!